If you’re a business owner you’ve probably already read all he statistics – companies get hit with security breaches every day. Companies are crippled by data loss or inability to work when their systems shut down.
With St Patrick’s Day right around the corner you may be feeling more lucky than usual, but trust us, luck isn’t enough. It’s bound to run out some time, and when it does you need to be sure you have the tools and support to properly deal with a breach.
Education and Implementing the Basics
- If your staff is improperly trained or unknowledgeable about the risks they face, then you’ve got a big problem. Make sure your employees know the basics of online safety such as the importance of strong password protection and how to avoid email scams and other dangerous online threats.
- To help you stay protected your company needs access to all of the basics tools – they are, after all, the basics for a reason. Firewalls, anti-spam and anti-virus tools and email filtering help to keep you safe when working online.
Protection At All Times
- Is your IT team monitoring your system around-the-clock so that issues get dealt with as soon as they arise? If not, you’re being left exposed. A few moments of downtime is all it takes for hackers to steal information and cripple your business.
- Surely you have the PCs in your office set up and secure – but are those really the only devices storing your information? Emails are exchanged at all hours of the day, files are moving from device to device, and employees are constantly on the move. Are your mobile devices being properly protected?
- Remember that every device that’s being used in the office or outside of work to view business data needs to be secured. If your employee loses a phone or laptop, you need to make sure your business is covered and ready to deal with the fallout.
Peace of Mind for Your Future
- The end of your luck doesn’t have to mean the end of your business – that’s what we’re here for. Business continuity plans ensure that your company won’t be crippled when a data breach occurs – your data, applications, contacts and files are backed up and secured so they’re protected from hackers but always available when you need them.
To keep your lucky streak going by getting set up with the best security and IT support in Lexington, TN, contact Cole Informatics at email@example.com or by phone at 731.249.5700.